Thursday, November 19, 2009

Over the river and through the woods to Children's we go...

We went back to Children's. Dr. H had a baby this week and he was out - so we met with Dr. J. I am so glad we made the decision to switch to Dr. H. His approach, his interaction with us and Bean....we made the right decision to switch. Don't get me wrong, Dr. J is a good Dr., he is patient...just nothing like Dr. H.

The plan. We increase Methotrexate by 50% to 15mg x1 per week. We went down on the prednisone to 15mg 1x per day. The rest stays the same.

We will see how it goes.

The memorable part of today's visit. Bean usually gets stickers after getting her blood draw in the lab. Because we went to Dr. C last week to draw blood, they didn't need to this week.

As we were leaving Bean asked to go to the lab - I almost laughed out loud...I had to explain to the nurses who looked at her, then looked at me, then looked at her again...that there was more behind the ask.

I said Bean, you don't have to have a blood draw to get a Hannah Montana sticker. Would you just like to ask Nurse Rachel for one? The smile slowly grew to include her entire face!!

My child was willing to get a blood draw, just to get a sticker. Talk about conditioning....talk about love for Hannah....talk about the ability to make my child happy with such a simple thing, I love her!

No comments:

Post a Comment