Sunday, November 8, 2009

And the fever returns...and the pain.

Did I speak to soon? At 3am Bean walked into our room...with 103.2 fever, back pain and knee pain. Is it related - is it something different?

Here is my e-mail to Dr. H.

Dear Dr. H,

Thank you for the e-mail and the follow up. The week went well. She started the naproxen on Monday - 2x per day. And here week went well.

Friday she had her 3rd dose of methotrexate and we dropped her dose of prednisone down to 20mg 1x day - from 25mg 1x day (as it had been 2 weeks).

10mg of methotrexate x1 per week
20mg of prednisone x1 per day
15 mg of prevacid x1 per day
1mg Folic Acid - x1 per day
250mg naproxen - x2 per day

Early this morning (Sunday morning) - 3am - Adina came into our room - saying her back hurt, and knees hurt. I picked her up as she couldn't climb into the bed and I realized she was quite hot. She had 103.2 fever. We realized that for the first time, she hadn't had her medicine before she fell asleep - we gave her the medicine and she went back to sleep.

I'm not sure if it was a coincidence that she got the fever and hadn't had her medicine - one dose.
If this is an unrelated illness...
What this back pain is about - lower back pain.

You had asked about the rash in your last e-mail. I'm not really sure if it has come back. It is SO hard to tell as her cheeks are often red from the steroids. And the phantom rash comes and goes so quickly. There have been a few times I think I have seen it, but I can't be 100% sure.

What are your thoughts?

Thanks so much,
L

No comments:

Post a Comment